From 17 May 2021, people in England who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can demonstrate their vaccination status for international travel. A full course is currently two doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the Janssen single-dose vaccine. Vaccine status will be available through the NHS COVID Pass service from: 

  • the NHS App which you can download from app stores 

  • the NHS website 

  • 119 - by requesting a paper letter

You will need to register to use the online services, if you have not already. It may take more than a week for your identity to be checked and verified.

If you cannot access the online services, and you have had both doses of the vaccine, you can request a paper letter from the NHS by calling 119. Only call 119 if you are due to travel outside the UK in the near future and have had your second dose (or one dose of the Janssen single-dose vaccine) more than 5 working days ago. It may take up to 7 working days for the letter to arrive.

This practice is not able to provide you with a letter that shows your COVID-19 vaccination status. Please do not contact the practice about your COVID-19 vaccination status unless you have been advised to by the 119 service.

When you're planning your travel, you should check the latest information on demonstrating your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad on the website. Make sure there is enough time to get proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status before you are due to travel





Young People

Young People Are Welcome

Registering with a GP

If you're under 16, you have no right to choose your own GP and must be registered by a parent. If you're aged 16 and over, you can choose your own GP.

You can find  more information about GPs  on Adviceguide.


If you're under 16, you have the right to a confidential consultation with a doctor, provided you make it clear that you do not want your parents to be told. However, your doctor can refuse to discuss the matter if they are unwilling to accept your request for confidentiality. If you're aged 16 and above, you have the right to confidential advice and treatment.

Consent to medical treatment

If you're under 16, you can give your own consent to medical treatment provided you fully understand what is involved. If a doctor decides that you don't fully understand what is involved, your parents can give consent on your behalf.

If you're under 18 and refuse treatment, your parents or medical staff may go to court. The court can decide whether to give a court order to override your decision to refuse treatment.

You can find more information about  consent to medical treatment  on Adviceguide.

a group of people posing for the camera

Safeguarding confidential patient information is the responsibility of all NHS staff.    You can see a Doctor or Nurse without your parent or carer and we are happy for you to bring a friend with you to the Consultation. The Surgery will ensure that your confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times in the following way:

•  Confidentiality means that when you see a Doctor or Nurse at the    Practice for any health issue, including sexual health, the Doctor or Nurse will not share the information you give them with anyone else, provided we think you are ‘competent to consent’ to the treatment (competent to consent means that you are fully capable of understanding the treatment and any possible consequences).

•  Doctors and Nurses seeing young people for sexual health information, advice or treatment will ask you if you wish to inform a parent, carer or other trusted adult.    However, if you do not wish to inform an adult, we will respect your wishes and still offer you treatment.

  A Doctor, Nurse of other health professional may only break confidentiality if they think that your or someone else is a significant risk of harm. However, they will not break confidentiality without informing you first.    This means that if you see a Doctor or Nurse at the Practice for personal issues, sexual health information and advice, contraception, screening for sexually transmitted infections (STI’s), or information and referral for abortion we will see you, even if you are under 16, without having to inform your parents or carers.

Useful links to check out:

TEENFREAK - Health advice for teens

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website