Information for patients who have a disability
If you are have a disability , please make this known on so that an alert may be added to your computer records and information given allowing you to make appointments by unusual methods, e.g. text messages, email or letter. The Practice will respond to these requests using the method most appropriate to your needs.
If required you may wish to telephone the Practice from outside on arrival if you require any additional assistance in accessing the building or its services.
If necessary, Clinical staff will assist patients requiring additional help when attending for a New Patient Visit including collecting them from the waiting area and escorting them to their consultation as appropriate. Patients benefiting from this will have a major alert message placed on the clinical system record.
The practice does not have a private car park however there is a public car park across the road from the surgery with allocated spaces available. There is kerbside parking available outside the front of the surgery premises.
The Practice will:
- Provide large font Practice leaflets on request
- Ensure signage is clear and non-obstructive
- There is an Induction Loop system in Reception and patients will be asked to indicate if they wish to use this
- Allow guide or other assistance dogs into the premises
- Offer private room facilities for patients who may have communication, reading, or writing difficulties.
· Allow you to make appointments by unusual methods, e.g. text messages, email or letter ( and online when IT system permits )
There are patient toilets with suitable access for the disabled.
Should a patient require any help with accessing services they should make this known to one of the Practice staff.