IMPORTANT NEWS :
You can now view your GP medical record online.Patient Online services gives patients the option to make appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view their GPs’ medical record online, using their computer, tablet or smartphone. It complements the existing ways patients access appointments, prescriptions and their records. If you would like to have secure on-line access to your records , please ask at Reception , or complete the CONSENT FORM and bring it with you when you next visit the surgery together with photo ID.
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
- From 13th November 2014 this practice will be able to offer the Electronic Prescription Service, so if you nominate a pharmacy, your GP will send all future prescriptions electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
If you would like to take advantage of this service and haven’t yet completed a nomination form, you should contact reception or ask your preferred pharmacy to set your nomination.
This will not affect the way that you order / request prescriptions.
Benefits for you
- If you get a repeat prescription, you will not have to spend your time going to your GP practice each time to pick up your paper prescription. Instead your GP will send it automatically to the place you choose, with less chance of it getting lost.
- Nearly all pharmacies will be connected to the service, so you will be able to get your medicines from any pharmacy you choose – whether it’s near home, work or the shops.
- You may not have to wait as long for your prescription items, as often there will be time to get your repeat prescription items ready before you arrive.If any of the medicines on your prescription are out of stock when the pharmacist receives your prescription, they can be ordered in ready for you.
What happens if I do not wish to use the service?
- Nothing - You will continue to get paper prescriptions as you do now.
Can I change my nomination or cancel it and get a paper prescription?
- Yes you can. If you don’t want your prescription to be sent electronically tell your GP. If you want to change or cancel your nomination speak to any pharmacist or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS, or your GP practice. Tell them before your next prescription is due or your prescription may be sent to the wrong place.
Is EPS reliable, secure and confidential?
- Yes. Your electronic prescription will be seen by the same people in GP practices, pharmacies and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now
- A full list of pharmacies who are offering electronic prescriptions is listed on NHS Choices Website.
More information about the Electronic Prescription Service is available from your local pharmacy, at the GP surgery or on-line at www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/eps.